Tuesday, January 01, 2008

The first day of the year

I was up and dressed before 8AM. So far I've eaten healthy foods... like one of Bill's fruit smoothies, yellow dal, an orange and rice cakes (plain). So except for the one TINY piece of dark chocolate with almonds and 3 or 4 potato chips, I'm doing fine... right? I watched the director's commentary on the special features of Pan's Labyrinth with Steve - the whole thing! And I've put some black eyed peas in a pot to soak. I haven't figured out how to cook them yet. Bill's dad used to just toss in a can or two of Rotel, a can of mushrooms and a can of green chilies I think. I'll go recipe browsing on the internet, but I may end up doing the Rotel thing.

The other thing I've done is apply for a coupon for a DTV converter box. We have never had cable or satellite TV and have old TV sets so we qualify for this program. The problem is that I tried to apply twice and got an error response both times. So I'll try again later. I have until February 17, 2009!!

1 comment:

Catherine M. said...

one day down! Is the blog going to morph into a goal accountability blog? It might help to keep you on track.