Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Have I mentioned that I LOVE my flight benefits???

On the last day of school before Christmas break, December 21st, my mom called from Naples, Florida to say that my brother Rollin and his wife were there from Alaska, my brother Steve and sister Susan were arriving in a few hours from Boston and wouldn't it be nice if YOU could be here too. Well be careful what you wish for! She threw down the gauntlet and I picked it up. I managed to leave work a little early (2:30-ish), drove home and packed a few things and drove to the airport! Actually Bill drove to the airport with me and James and Melissa. J & M had real tickets to visit her dad and the extended Rodriguez family outside of Orlando for the weekend. Anyhow, I managed to stand by and got the last seat on the 5:30 flight to Ft. Meyers; my brothers picked me up that evening! I was glad to be there and my mother really was pleased. She is 83 and her 4 children are 61, 60, 57 and 55. Every time a neighbor came by, she would introduce us and say "all 4 of my children are here! Isn't that wonderful?!" I had a good time visiting with everyone. On Monday I flew home and had all 4 of MY children home for Christmas on Tuesday. I have a great family - I am truly blessed.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

talking about your benefits...

i just wanted to remind you to check on how expensive it would be to fly to the US and back from germany (D3).

oh, and have a happy new year.

hope to see u guys soon

Mary said...

Thanks for the reminder Rene. I need to check with someone on that. It was good to talk with you at Christmas!