Monday, December 31, 2007

The last day of the year

Today I flew to Salt Lake City and back. The purpose of the trip was to get James and Melissa's little kitty, Snuggs, home. They managed to get on a Delta flight standby - on Elaina's "buddy passes". Why do Delta's passes cost less than AA's?? Anyhow it would have cost them 70 or 80 dollars for a ticket for the kitty and it only cost me about $22.50 for me to fly with the kitty - it would have cost only $5 round trip but I HAD to fly first class one way. Life is hard. So it was the time/money choice and I chose money and used the time to fly and read a book. So James, Melissa and Snuggs will be back home in Idaho for the New Year, Emma is babysitting, Sarah is working and Stephen, Bill and I are hanging out at home. This evening I cleaned up the mess in the kitchen that my kids made this morning and left all day - I didn't want to wake up to a mess on New Year's morning. At least the kitchen is controllable. The rest of the house gets me down.

Goals for the new year: Get my weight down to 135 or less; clear out some of our clutter; exercise; stop eating junk; find my life... subject to revision.

Other options: move bill and I to the upstairs bedroom, convert the master bedroom to the office/computer room, reclaim the front room, get a hearth.

The last spring that I worked for Sabre, I stopped at a place along 114 in Grapevine or Southlake to look at stone for a new hearth. That would have been spring of 2003. I even dragged Bill out there and he said he would schedule them to come to our house for an estimate. It never happened. Even back in 2003 I was tired of the wallboard material where the hearth should be. I don't know how many years it was like that prior to my failed attempt to make something happen. I hate my house.

3 comments:

chattypatra said...

Happy New Year, Mary! I hear you; it's hard to do the things we want when work and family life take up so much time.

I had a good last day of the year. One of my friends came by and brought us a plate of a homemade traditional Christmas rice dessert from Puerto Rico. She uses a secret family recipe. Yum.

Right now, I am watching the Fred Astaire/Ginger Rogers marathon at TMC. My father and I watched The Gay Divorcee and Top Hat together; now Swing Time is playing.

The best thing was that he requested we say a prayer once the movie ended and we noticed the new year had arrived. I will take that as a good omen of great things to come. I have to believe this will be our best year yet!

Anyway, when you get down about your house again, remember that at least you have one! ;)

Much love. See you on Sunday.

The Roberts Rollercoaster RIde said...

WOW what a great price on tickets!! Go figure!!

Sorry you hate your house. I'm more then willing to switch if you like?! You can have a much, much smaller home of 950 sq ft that won't be much to keep clean. And the best part is Bill won't have to do any repairs. Apartment maintance is GREAT!! Think about it and get back to me!! =)

Happy New YEAR!!

Catherine M. said...

You are a great aggressive Goal maker! It seems like putting goals up is almost like bragging but that shouldn't be. I'll try it tonight...