Saturday, December 15, 2007

Broken Arms

One of my schools has had a rash of broken. The first was the Major Trauma I spoke of below. Later that same evening, a child fell at a school assembly and broke an arm. Neither nurse was there - whatever did they do??? Last week a Pre-K child just tripped and fell and broke his arm - he had to have surgery! And there was another one last week when I was not there. And other interesting incidents - One boy peed on the leg of another in the restroom. It was determined to be an accident, but it was still a big deal. We found him some clean pants, but he still had to go home and have a bath because, after all, it is someone else's body fluids. And I listened to an interesting irregular heartbeat. It seemed to be a sinus arrhythmia where the heart speeds up on inspiration, but I've never heard it speed up as much as this kid's did. He is under care - his doctor had asked us to check his BP and HR every day this week - so I'm sure he is in good hands.

No comments: