Saturday, October 06, 2007

I am still in Dallas

And that just about says it all. We were at the airport yesterday from 5:50 AM until nearly 2 PM and were not able to get on a flight, even as D-1 standbys. At 2 we were rolled over to the 6:35 PM flight and came home, but did not go back for it because we could not get another rental car - and we might not have been able to get on that flight either. I did not know it was Columbus Day weekend or that there was a big Red Sox game. Besides that, there were revenue standbys from misconnects on Thursday and a cancellation to NYC early Friday. I guess that's what standby is all about, but I cannot express how disappointed I am. My brother and sister are both there - because they thought I would be. And my mother was going to take us to the Woodshed - a very nice restaurant - tonight. She made blueberry pie. I was supposed to pick one of the two afgans she just finished for a houswarming present for Sarah. Susan brought some slacks she thought Sarah might like. And so on. And to add to my misery, a mosquito has been buzzing around my ankles as I type and has bitten me 4 or 5 times. - - - I just looked down to assess the damage and I have 7 bites on my left leg and 6 on my right.

No comments: