Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Home Remedies 2

I am finally feeling better. Maybe it was the lemon juice and honey tea with cayenne pepper and vinegar. Maybe it was the raw garlic. Or maybe it was time. I got it from Bill and now Stephen is starting to get a sore throat. I hope his doesn't get as bad as mine. He is taking vitamin C. In case anyone wants to try the curative tea, I made it like so:

1/4 cup water
juice of 1 lemon
1 T honey
2 t apple cider vinegar
1/8 - 1/4 t cayenne pepper

I heated the water and lemon juice in the microwave, added everything else and sipped it slowly. I did this eight times over 2 days; that's how many lemons I had. It did seem to make my throat feel better.

I also ate a few cloves of raw garlic. I felt like the characters from the comic strip Rose is Rose with skulls hovering over my head. Garlic is strong stuff!!! It burned my mouth and throat going down, but the burning sensation didn't last long... and maybe it burned off some of the bad stuff in the process.

About 10 years ago Bill and I saw the play "Having Our Say" about the 100 year old Delany sisters at the Dallas Theater Center. Later I read their book. They were remarkable women. One thing I remember is that they attributed their long life and good health to eating garlic every day. I was never sick enough or brave enough to try that until this week. And I have survived to tell the tale!!

No comments: