Thursday, November 01, 2007

Going Gray... or White?

I have wanted to grow out my hair for years. I was an older mother and thought I needed to dye my hair so I wouldn't look like the grandma instead of the mother. You get into a rut. I told myself that I'd let it grow out when Emma graduated from high school. Then I postponed it until I graduated from nursing school. Then I decided to wait a few more months until I got a job. So now I have the empty nest, the degree and the job and it is time. It has been about 2 1/2 months and I have a little over an inch of natural color. I am beginning to see that I still have some streaks of brown mingled with white rather than gray. And it looks like I have more white at my center part line than lower down. I am getting anxious to cut it, but I have never liked to wear my hair short.. and I don't like the two toned look, but what can I do?? I found a link to this article that I thought was good. So please don't look at me and wonder why I am letting myself go. It's an ongoing project to uncover the real me!

3 comments:

The Roberts Rollercoaster RIde said...

good luck!! and I promise to not stare on sunday!! =)

Amy said...

I think your white hair will be beautiful. Growing out hair is never easy.
I guess you could try to dye the rest of it white? I'm no expert here...but a short haircut might look nice on you, too.

chattypatra said...

Do what you want with it, and to heck with what anyone says. If you are happy, tough luck for everyone else. Holler if you want that referral for the haircut!