Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Stories

My kids love to hear stories about themselves when they were little. So here are a few memories:

Sarah: Sarah has always been petite. As a baby, it seemed that she was the only one I knew of that wore 3 month clothes at 3 months and 6 month clothes at 6 months etc. She was also an early walker. She walked at 9 months and ran at 10. People would look at her in amazement and ask how old she was. She just seemed too little to be running around like she did.

James: When James was 3 or 4 he saw a mouse in our house. He came to me a few moments later with a long sad face and said, "Mommy, I saw a little mousie and I wanted to be his friend, but he ran away!" So sad.

Stephen did and said some pretty funny things. I don't think I can remember them all. Once, sometime after he was potty trained so he must have been 3-ish, I was standing at our front door talking with someone. Suddenly Stephen comes running down the hall to me, very excited -

Steve: "Mom can I go!? Can I go??"
Me: "Where do you want to go, Stephen?"
Steve: "To the bathroom!"
Me: "Of course you can go to the bathroom!"
Steve: {While running back down the hallway to the bathroom} "YIPEEE!!!"

Emma gets frustrated because I can't remember as many stories about her. Let me just say tonight that when I saw Ella and Brooke at choir practice on Sunday evening and remembered how Emma and I used to go to choir practice together, it made me miss her terribly.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

That's funny that you can't remember many stories about Emma. As the 6th child it's kind of the same with my mom. When I asked her about what I was like as a baby she said, "...uh, you were a ... quiet... child." Yeah right! But I'm so glad she gave me the blessing of so many siblings.

The Yippee story about the potty is awesome! Good luck manning (womaning?) the clinic today! You'll be great :)

newlymed said...

I love that story about Steve... makes me laugh out loud every time!