Friday, August 03, 2007

I Love the 99 Cents Store

There are lots of things it is good for: Decent reading glasses for 99 cents. Tomatoes, zucchini, celery, a 5 pound bag of potatoes, a package of 2 or 3 red bell peppers, a bag with 4 lovely fresh peaches.. all for 99 cents each. Canned goods are as good a buy or better than anywhere else. They haven’t had brown rice for a while, but 99 cents for 2 pounds is good. It’s a great place to get greeting cards and gift bags – 50 cents each! And I have found good deals on things like health/beauty/cleaning supplies. Right now they have a VHS copy of Quidam – a Cirque de Soliel performance. I’d buy it if we didn’t already have it! And the best thing is that it’s only 2 ½ blocks from my house. I just need to set myself some limits on the too good to be true sweets.

No comments: