Thursday, August 16, 2007

Week One - Orientation

So this week I've been going to new nurse orientation. There are about 20 in my "class". Most of them have many years of experience and this is to be their last job before retiremant. But there are also a few younger nurses. Needless to say, all have way more experience than I do. I am the only new graduate. Because of my lack of experience, I don't get my own school and clinic for at least the first six months. The BNE says I have to work with another RN. Actually I will be working with three other RNs. I will spend Monday and Tuesday at a high school, Tuesday and Wednesday at an elementary school and Friday at a different elementary school. The Friday school is the same school where I did my clinicals for my Communities class last fall. So I already know the nurse there - she's about my age and has been there for 10 years or so. I'm happy to be working with her again.

We were also trained on the school's computer system and got a benefits and retirement presentation, so I have a bunch of paperwork/red tape type things I need to sort through.

No comments: