Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Not Feeling Inspired

But feeling a need to catch up:

July 7th - 07/07/07 - turned out to be a lucky day for me! I took the NCLEX that day. I only got 75 questions before the system booted me out so I knew I did really good or really bad. If the computer thinks you have not yet 'proved' yourself, it can dish out up to 265 questions. Thank goodness I didn't have to sweat out that many! I found out 2 days later online that I passed!!! So I am now a licensed, registered nurse - an RN.

Without a job. I am still a wimp. Working in a hospital would be a good experience, BUT, I am nearly 60 years old. I'm not sure how my body would take the 12 hour shifts and possibility of working nights. So I have applied to be a school nurse with the DISD. I have had an interview and they are processing my background checks. Ho hum... They called me last week because they couldn't find Manset, Maine, a place where I lived in the 70's. It's so small that it wasn't even a blip on their radar! If they hire me, and they seemed positive, I will start orientation on August 13th. So I hope I find out soon.

Emma the World Traveler is in Denmark today. She got on the AA nonstop from DFW to London on Friday and arrived at Gatwick on Saturday morning. She stayed at 2 different hostels in London on Saturday and Sunday nights. Then she flew from Heathrow via Amsterdam to Billund on Monday morning. She was met in Billund by Laerke Buch, our YFU student from the 2004/5 school year, and will be staying in Odense with the Buch family until Saturday. I hope she can get on a plane out of London… the availability does not look especially good .

Stephen is in Frontenac, Minnesota at Hometown USA. He is a camp counselor, teaching foreign kiddos English. He’s been up there since July 2nd and comes home next week.

And I hope to go to NH again on Friday.

No comments: