Saturday, March 22, 2008

I'm Back

Call it shell shock or PTSD. It took me a while to recover from my terrible, horrible etc. day, but things are pretty much back to normal now. I am enjoying my job from Wednesday - Friday and am counting Mondays and Tuesdays - 22 to go!

Carrie O referred me to mamasource which is an interesting resource. It's mainly for mothers of young children and mine are grown, but I have enjoyed browsing the site. I chimed in on two recent discussions there, if you want to read my responses.

Max is getting married today at the Arboretum. James wanted to come to Dallas from Idaho for the occasion, but was unable to get on a plane out of SLC. D3 standby can be frustrating and James had a very frustrating and disappointing day yesterday. He ended up giving up and going home and will miss his best friend's wedding. I hate it when that happens to my kids. I feel for him... but we will be there to represent the family.

Look for a post soon about the Old Sailor Syndrome. I've been meaning to write about that for some time, but I have so many things to do that I just haven't gotten around to it! HA!

1 comment:

chattypatra said...

Oh, no! Were you trapped inside this book?

http://www.amazon.com/Alexander-Terrible-Horrible-Good-Very/dp/0689711735/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1206383402&sr=8-1

I am so sorry!

Poor James...he must have been very sad, frustrated and generally upset at missing the wedding.

I'm glad you enjoyed your day. You're back! Yeah!