Monday, June 04, 2007

Colorado, Minnesota and New Hampshire

The week after Sarah's graduation, I made a long overdue visit to my friend Patricia in Pueblo, Colorado. I spent a pleasant 3 days visiting, seeing some beautiful countryside and meeting some of Pat's friends. I had a bit of a hard time getting home. Flying standby is always a challenge, but this time there was bad weather in Dallas and the midwest, causing 3/6 flights COS to DFW to cancel and 5/12 flights DEN to DFW to cancel. I ended up driving from Colorado Springs to Denver, sleeping at the airport, and flying out on the 6AM flight the next morning.

The next week I drove to Minnesota with Emma. We got a AAA Triptik and loaded up her car and took off. What a big, beautiful country we live in! I don't often take road trips because of my flight benefits, but it was fun to do. We drove up to Oklahoma and through Missouri to Illinois. We stopped at the Lincoln Museum in Springfield and in Decatur to see Emma's roomie, Stepheni. Then we drove to and through Wisconson and on to Minnesota. Emma's Arnquist ancestors settled some of those WI/MN areas. We stayed at a nice hotel near the MSP airport that we got a really good deal on through Priceline and ate at a great little vegetarian restaurant called Good Earth. Then last Friday Emma drove to Bemidji to begin orientation for her job as baker for Concordia's Norwegian camp and I flew home to Dallas.

New Hampshire is coming up this week. Rene and SeWon left for their YFU trip to New York City on Sunday June 3rd. They managed to get on a 'full' flight with an early check in time and D1 status. On Thursday the 7th we fly to Boston and drive up to NH for about a week. I'm looking forward to being in New England. Maybe I'll look for a job there...

No comments: