Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Snow Day, January 2007

I had a math test at 8 AM today. Determined not to be late, I got up at 6:12 - only 2 minutes after my alarm went off - and took my shower, etc. Bill poked his head into the bathroom to announce that there was an 80% chance of snow today with a light dusting already. It didn't register. By 7:30 I was dressed, my bag was packed and I was just finishing up the breakfast dishes when Rene appeared. He announced that while everyone else in the world was getting a snow day, Dallas schools are carrying on. I told him he's from Germany; he can handle it. Then it suddenly registered - everyone else just might include TWU. I checked the website and sure enough, TWU's Denton and Dallas campuses are closed for the day. So I get a snow day! It's a little ridiculous. There is so little snow... but I have plenty to do.

No comments: